Friday, March 9, 2012

The Clash! Twitter vs. my classes

My 8th grade classroom account has been suspended by Twitter after only two days.  While my kids laughed and cheered--"We took down Twitter!"  We're taking it to the streets!"  "This is the way they did it in the '60s!"...it was very frustrating for me, but as teachers often have to do...I adjusted on the fly.

My guess is that my students used the #hashtag and search features too much in a short period of time.  It locked up yesterday at the end of the third consecutive period posting tweets with articles linked to them.

We have all been working on the same nature-related #hashtags and there is an indication that in order to stop spammers Twitter monitors and limits how much one account sends information to any one #hashtag.

I put an email into their support desk yesterday around 10:30.  I will post an update once one comes--hopefully my lesson with help another teacher about to create a classroom Twitter account.


No comments:

Post a Comment